Llangynidr Primary School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2016-17 Llangynidr Primary School was provided with a PDG allocation of £7,950.
At Llangynidr Primary School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Powys Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We will be using the funding available to:
- provide specific high quality training for school staff, including Incredible Years
- Fund additional LSA hours for guided reading and intervention sessions
- Purchasing Nessy subscriptions
- Funding extra curricular provision
- work in partnership with other schools, the community and other organisations- Friends programme.